|« Learning about Coins||Bad Hair Day »|
It can seem that it's all 'give, give, give' when it comes to having a baby but there are signs you can look for which confirm that your little one really does love you, and although they may not be able to say 'thanks', their behaviors will say it loud and clear.
1. They watch you: From the moment a baby opens their eyes, they are watching and learning from you. They follow you round the room, they look up when you come in. This is because they know you are important and therefore once they have established this, they want to watch your every move and keep close. Even before they talk, they smile at you or gurgle and their eyes grow wide at the sight of your face. Literally after only a few days the reaction of babies to their mothers is unique compared to that with any other person.
2. Their first smile is often for mummy and even if it's not the case, mummy certainly gets a large portion of the smiles. It's a way of communicating to you that you're doing a good job! Parents are the ones who baby will smile at most.
3. Copy cat! Babies will copy faces made in front of them and will try to copy movements and expressions. Even opening and shutting their mouths is the beginnings of speaking and trying to communicate. Allow them to copy - always - as its a way of learning and you must feel flattered they want to 'help' rather than be irritated by it.
4. Have a chat! When your baby tries to talk to you its a sure sign they want to communicate and it's because they love you! They will try to talk to the people they consider the most important. They coo, gurgle and babble at you because they want to be like you!
5. They are calmed and settled when you comfort them. When they are nervous they will look to you for reassurance. If you comfort them they will settle and be reassured. They are comforted by your heart beat and your cuddles if they are crying and that only happens with people they really love.
|<< <||> >>|
Hi! I'm Tikal the Toucan, the mascot for ToucanLearn. Follow my blog to find out interesting things relating to babies, toddlers and preschool children!
Sign up FREE to ToucanLearn to follow our activity based learning programme for babies, toddlers and children. We offer hundreds of fun learning craft, games and activities - every activity is aimed at the capabilities of your specific children. Download custom activity sheets, and log their progress in each child's unique Daily Diary!
You'll also find sticker and reward charts, certificates, number and letter practice. Every activity links into the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) areas of learning and development.
Fill in our Daily Diary to log progress against the EYFS and add photo entries instantly simply by sending them straight from your phone. You can share diaries back with parents or childminders so that everyone can enjoy watching your children develop.
activities animals art babies baby bath behaviour books «child development» childcare childminder children christmas colours communication computers confidence cooking counting craft «daily diary» development doctor eating eyfs family «fine motor skills» food fruit fun games garden happy health healthy «healthy eating» ideas language «language development» learning letters «make believe» music nature numbers nursery ofsted outdoors parenting park pictures play playing pregnancy reading relax research routine safety school shapes sleep speaking speech sun television toddler toddlers toucanlearn «toucanlearn blog» toys vegetables water words writing
©2023 by ToucanLearn Ltd.Credits: Website builder