|« Getting Children Out in the Morning!||Date Your Children's Work »|
Watching your little one skip and prance around a church hall wearing a sweet ballet skirt and pretty little ballet shoes is undeniably cute. However, why should we bother introducing ballet or any kind of dance into the lives of pre-schoolers?
- Ballet is fun: The children's dance routines and exercises are made to be fun. So they all enjoy the dance and stories that are told by the ballet teacher.
- Exercise: It is great exercise!
- Musicality: Listening to and dancing in time with music helps withtheir musicality. If they may learn an instrument one day, being aware of music and timing when dancing will be fo great help.
- Strength: It is physically demanding so therefore a great way to build strength and fitness and indeed flexibility.
- Posture: They learn how to stand and walk correctly, which is a great lesson to learn early with regards posture and avoiding back pains from poor posture. They also learn co-ordination and how to use their bodies.
- Balance: They learn all about balance and how to correct themselves when unbalanced. This is a great skill to have for dance but also for other sports and physical activities.
- Mentally challenged: Those who find school difficult often excel in ballet because they feel they can express themselves more freely and easily when moving than when sitting still in class. They are mentally challenged in a ballet class, but in a different way.
- Social Skills: Ballet is a great chance to make new friends and to have fun with other children in a like minded environment. They communicate about different things and work together as a team.
- When to start?: Children can start as soon as they want to and if there are classes available from as young as three, then enrol them! They may not display much balletic prowess at this age, but they will begin to watch and learn from others.
Choose a class that is fun focused and that it is an accredited school either the Royal Academy of Dancing (RAD) or Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD).