|« All About Me!||Fathers' Day Centenary »|
We've just launched two great new features on ToucanLearn - a more featured Daily Diary and the ability to share children between different ToucanLearn accounts! Both of these features are aimed at allowing childminders and parents to pursue the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) even more easily than ever!
Our new Daily Diary replaces the private blog space that we offered each child in the past. The Daily Diary offers more structure than a blog, in particular:-
- Entries are presented by day and you can navigate through the calendar to see old entries
- You can write up your own activities, not just ToucanLearn ones
- You can link every entry to the EYFS
- You can log what each child has eaten during the day
- You can log accidents
- You can add future planning notes on future dates
The Daily Diary is fully compatible with the old blog area so anything that you have entered before remains in place and is just as accessible. Over time we have further plans to improve the ability to pull out reports to allow you to see how well you're covering EYFS, pull out accident records and to extract your entries in a printed format.
We've also launched the ability to share children between ToucanLearn accounts. This is aimed at allowing childminders, parents and teachers all to share and contribute information against the same children. Now parents can access the Daily Diaries put together by those looking after their children. Child sharing is really easy:-
- Set up sharing in My Account -> My Children, each child entry has a 'Share' button; simply enter an email address and we will send an invitation to the person you wish to share each child with
- When that person logs into ToucanLearn they will be presented with a list of sharing invitations to accept or decline
- If they accept the invitation then they will have access to that child's activities and Daily Diary
- If they do not have a ToucanLearn account then they can simply set one up and accept the sharing invitations when they first log in
Everyone can take advantage of child sharing, whether they are a free user or a Premium Member, but there are restrictions for free members - you can only access activities and the Daily Diary for two children, if you need more then you should upgrade to Premium Membership. Free users also only see a limited number of activities.
We hope that you find these two new features handy, and we look forward to adding even more functionality in the future!