|« Cabbage from the Cobbler?||Did you Trick or Treat this Year? »|
Here's our great collage idea to get the creative ideas flowing and inspire the children to look around them!
Go outside and look at the building you are in, then:-
- Name all the elements of the building: the roof, the walls, the windows, the door etc.
- Count the windows or chimneys and have a good look around.
- Discuss the shapes you can see on the building.
- Explain you are going to make a very special collage of your home. Have a think about what you could use: paper, card, grass, sand, little pebbles etc.
- Look at the shapes of materials you will need: square window, rectangle front door, triangle roof.
- Have a think about what you could use for each of these elements. Then, go about collecting things to use: twigs for chimney, silver foil for windows, leaves for the grass or trees etc.
Stick down all the elements and create a unique image of your home.
Go for a walk and look at other types of buildings: flats, houses, churches, schools, fire stations etc.