|« Learning about Coins||Bad Hair Day »|
It can seem that it's all 'give, give, give' when it comes to having a baby but there are signs you can look for which confirm that your little one really does love you, and although they may not be able to say 'thanks', their behaviors will say it loud and clear.
1. They watch you: From the moment a baby opens their eyes, they are watching and learning from you. They follow you round the room, they look up when you come in. This is because they know you are important and therefore once they have established this, they want to watch your every move and keep close. Even before they talk, they smile at you or gurgle and their eyes grow wide at the sight of your face. Literally after only a few days the reaction of babies to their mothers is unique compared to that with any other person.
2. Their first smile is often for mummy and even if it's not the case, mummy certainly gets a large portion of the smiles. It's a way of communicating to you that you're doing a good job! Parents are the ones who baby will smile at most.
3. Copy cat! Babies will copy faces made in front of them and will try to copy movements and expressions. Even opening and shutting their mouths is the beginnings of speaking and trying to communicate. Allow them to copy - always - as its a way of learning and you must feel flattered they want to 'help' rather than be irritated by it.
4. Have a chat! When your baby tries to talk to you its a sure sign they want to communicate and it's because they love you! They will try to talk to the people they consider the most important. They coo, gurgle and babble at you because they want to be like you!
5. They are calmed and settled when you comfort them. When they are nervous they will look to you for reassurance. If you comfort them they will settle and be reassured. They are comforted by your heart beat and your cuddles if they are crying and that only happens with people they really love.