|« How to Keep Kids Cool in the Summer!||What Books To Choose? »|
Now summer is here, ice lollies pops are a great way to keep cool, but how about saving all the sticks and making some great crafts with them? Simply wash them well after use and store them together until you lots to play with. If you can't wait that long, you can also buy them from craft shops! Here are few ideas to get crafty with the little ones...
Pen holder: (You'll need lolly pop sticks, glue and cardboard tube)
- Cut the tube so that it's just shorter than your sticks .
- Cover the tube with glue.
- Stick all the lolly pop stick onto the outside of the tube and allow to dry.
- Decorate with paint or stickers.
Fairy Wand for a Doll: (You'll need lolly pop stick, card and silver glitter)
- Cut the card into a star shape, decorate the sticks and star with glitter.
- Allow to dry then attach the star to the end of the stick. Magic!
Flower Garden: (You'll need green card, paint, egg carton, glue, play dough)
- Paint the sticks green and attach leaves cut out from the green card.
- Cut out cups from the egg carton and snip round the sides to make petal shapes: cut round or pointy shapes.
- Decorate with paint to make into flowers.
- Glue onto the sticks and display by sticking into a lump of play dough.
Puzzle: (You'll need 6 sticks, sticky tape and paint/pens)
- Place the sticks next to each other and tape together.
- Draw on a picture and colour it in.
- Remove the tape.
- Mix up the pieces and then recreate the puzzle!
Games: (You'll need 15 sticks and 5 different coloured paints).
- Paint 5 sticks red, 4 sticks green, 3 sticks blue, 2 sticks yellow and 1 stick purple.
- Mix them up and use them to practice counting, sorting, colours, make shapes, adding etc.