|« Book Corner||Funny Five-A-Day Faces »|
Jumping Games are fun and a great way of doing some exercise, here are some jumping games for you to play with your little ones...
- Think about your landing: knees bent, arms forward, toes then flat foot.
- Jump on the spot and them move around the room. How does it feel different?
- Run and jump - is it easy or hard?
- Jump over - some cushions or a brave Teddy!
- Jump over a moving object - how about a swirling rope or a path or a brook if you have one nearby!
- Jump like animals that the children suggest. If they suggest animals that not everyone knows about, look them up on line and find them!
- What does jumping do to our bodies? Heart beat faster, legs ache (a bit!), arms swing, feet make a noise on the floor as we land etc.
- Hang some ribbons or balloons from a height just above the children's reach (on a washing line perhaps!) and see if they can bat the balloons. Or, hang bells or shakers that will make a noise when batted.
- How many an the children reach? Count the number of noises you hear for each child.
- Follow my Jumper - one person leads and jumps in different ways as all the children behind have to follow.