|« Brighten up a Room with Stickers!||Weaning: Quick Tips »|
Joining a baby or toddler group when you have your first baby can be one of those life saving moves! Just as you are getting over the extraordinary experience of your first birth, and you are trying to return to a normal life, but suddenly find this dependent little thing everywhere you turn, life can become a little overwhelming. Find a local group and start meeting and mixing with other mum's and baby's, and you will find a supportive community and quickly make a host of new friends.
There are bound to be toddler and baby groups in your area - you may never have even considered there existence, but they really are all around you! Here are some ways to find a group near you:-
- Contact the NCT, they run groups all over the country and you may not have to be a member to attend
- See whether there are any groups in local church halls and community halls, you'll spot notices in the halls and they should have contact details with them
- Search on the internet to see if you can find a group near you
- Look for a local childminding group and then ask the organiser or members for information, they will most likely know what goes on locally to you
- Contact your local council for a list of local groups
- Make enquiries at hospital before you leave or ask your midwife - maternity wards usually have a noticeboard with information about local support groups and other services on offer to new mum's
If you really can't find a group near you, or you can't find one that suits you for whatever reason, you could even start your own!