|« Mr Allen, the Government's Plans and ToucanLearn||Why Bother with Ballet? »|
Getting children up for nursery or school always seems harder in the winter - it’s still dark outside, it’s chilly and it seems so much better to stay in bed. However, get up we must! One way to get the children into a good morning routine is to create a morning picture chart This helps them know what they are doing, it sets a president so they know it’s always going to be the same and it helps us too as parents guide the children through the morning.
Make a list of the tasks you usually do in the mornings:
- Wake up
- Get dressed
- Brush hair
- Wash teeth
- Collect bag/shoes for nursery
- Head off to nursery
Find pictures to illustrate each task. Do this together.
- Draw a clock and colour it in for the wake up picture.
- Stick on a label from the cereal packet or toothpaste tube for the breakfast or wash teeth image.
- Take a photo of your child all dressed and ready to go by the door for the leave for nursery picture.
Different charts may work for different children:
- Pre-schoolers: Choose a strip of card and stick the pictures in order along the card. Had it up on the wall
- Toddlers: Have larger cards and show them each on when you want them to get on with that activity.