|« It's Freezing - So Keep Warm!||Choosing Beds for your Baby »|
We must all take personal hygiene seriously in order to prevent spreading illness and to maintain good health; here are some fascinating facts for you to consider...
- The human body has no fewer than 1,000 different species of bacteria! There are more germs on our bodies than people in the United Kingdom... although a few less after washing hands!
- 90% of germs on hands are found under the nails
- It is true to say that expose to some germs DOES help build up our immune systems and in the long run lead healthier lives
- 80% of illnesses are spread through touch
- When you shake hands you spread more germs than kissing!
- Under three's will be ill around eight times a year on average
- You cannot stop a sneeze as it's an automatic response
- You can fit around 1,000 germs on the head of a pin
- Hands that have been dried spread less germs than those that stay wet
- The longest sneezing fit went on for nearly 1,000 days before she eventually stopped
- Most people think sneezing into their hands is adequate rather than using a tissue
- An average sneeze travels at around 80 miles per hour! The fastest ever recorded was over 100 miles per hour!
- In Omaha, Nebraska it is illegal to sneeze in church!