|« Cooking Time?||Fun with Learning Letters »|
How can you encourage a healthy and enthusiastic learner and good personal, social and emotional development? There is so much that can be done in the home and in the childcare setting to encourage effective PSED. Here are just a few ideas that can be incorporated into your typical day.
- Play games; take turns and play by the rules.
- Share things; share out snacks or toys or bricks and encourage little ones to do so as well.
- Go to local places of interest, history museums or galleries.
- Look at programmes from theatre or festivals visits. Or pick up leaflets from places of interest and local history museums. Look through the information/booklets together when you get home.
- Take photos when out and about and look back a the photos together. Recall the day, where you were, who was with you what happened etc.
- Listen to what your child wants to talk about, especially if they are anxious or worried about something. It may seem tiny to us, but a little problem can escalate.
- Encourage lots of questions and exploring when out and about.