|« Obstacle Courses and Treasure Hunts||Fun with Chalk »|
Have you noticed that branded toys always come at a premium, for example a non-branded colouring book is just that little bit cheaper than one with all your little one's favorite TV characters? Well, todays tip is all about creating that branded craft for less...almost for free in fact!
When you're next out shopping, look for the free brochures and catalogues that stores put out. Go into travel shops and pick up brochures for Disney vacations and any other themed holidays they might have. You now have a terrific source of images to work with, many of which will include pictures of merchandise with your baby's favourite TV characters on!
Cut out a selection of pictures, and now you're ready to create! Here are just a few ideas for what you can make:-
- Create a collage with all your favorite characters going about their business
- Mount characters onto cardboard, cut around them and stick them onto straws, you now have fun puppets to put on a show with!
- Make a birthday card for the next member of the family or a friend with a birthday coming up
- Have older children copy pictures of their favourite characters and create their own original artwork
- Take a shoe box or similar, stick characters all over and when they are dry, apply a layer of varnish - this makes a perfect stationary box for all their pens
- Make a paper chain with looks of plain paper, then stick a character to each link to create a themed room decoration
- Punch a hole at the top of several cardboard mounted characters and thread them onto string - this could make a room decoration, or for older children, create a pendant
You'll think of so many ways to bring your characters alive whilst avoiding the premium price associated with most branded goods!