|« Eating with Cutlery||EYFS 2 Year Progress Check »|
World Book Day falls today and is celebrated in more than 100 countries - it really is 'World' Book day! Publishers around the world come together to promote reading and literacy in a special day designated by UNESCO. Why don't you join in the fun at home with your little one's? It doesn't matter if they're too small to read, you can read with them or you can enjoy looking through picture books together. Why not take it further and have some bookish fun:-
- Read a story and then take it in turns to tell it again yourselves
- Make your own book - a picture book for young children or a story book for older ones
- Act out a story that you are familiar with
- Dress up as a character from your favourite stories
- Use a scanner to make a black and white copy of a picture from your favourite book and have your little ones colour it in
Encourage your little ones to enjoy books and stories and that will help them learn to read in time...