|« Hair Assessories||Jumping Jacks! »|
Make sure you have a book corner in your home or setting where children can have easy and free access to books.
Have a chat about their favourite books. Here are some questions to ask. Perhaps have each question on a poster around the book corner and talk about the different questions and their answers each day.
Their responses will be very revealing!
- What Is Your Favourite Book?
- Who Is The Author?
- Who Is The Illustrator?
- Who Is Your Favourite Character In A Book?
- What Is On The Front Cover?
- What Is On The Back Cover?
- Is The Book A Fiction Or Non-Fiction Book?
- Where Do You Like To Read?
- Who Do You Like To Read To You?
Talking about what they like is very important and interested to see howyoung children canhave pronounced views about their favourite books and characters.