|« Some Ideas to Perk up your Routine||Get into the Habit »|
If you are having a baby or have a friend who is expecting, why not get together and have a baby shower? It's a great chance to have a friendly afternoon and have some fun too! Here are some baby shower ideas.
- Guess the tummy size... you'll be amazed at how wrong you will all be! Get some string or wool and ask everyone to cut where they think the wool should be cut in order for it to fit round the tummy of the mum to be. See who is the nearest and they're the winner.
- Baby's stuff... Give everyone an A4 page and get all those present to write down everything they can think of that babies need: from bottles and cots, to ear wax remover and Calpol! At the end of five minutes, the person with the most things on their list wins.
- Guess How Many... place a load of tiny baby items in a couple of jars and get everyone to guess how many are in the jar. Try using cotton buds, safety pins or cotton balls. The nearest guess is the winner.
- Steady hands... drop a pile of cotton buds or feeding spoon in the middle of the room and each person has to try to remove one at a time, without the others moving (like the game of sticks). The prize goes to the person who removes most.
- Pin the baby on the mummy... cut out some pictures of babies and attach tape to the back. Choose one person and blindfold them, see if they can stick the baby onto the Mum in the right place! The one who gets nearest to the pregnant tummy wins.
- Guess the item... place an oddly shaped baby item in a box and see if everyone can guess what it is without looking and just by feeling it.
- Baby pictures... get all the guests to bring a baby picture with them and get everyone else to match the baby to the lady!
- Food tasting... get some jars of baby food and get everyone to taste them and try to guess what the menu food is supposed to be!