|« CRB Checks Changed!||Building models »|
In the old days, babies were bathed once a week in an old tin bath in front of the fire - if there were older brothers and sisters they may get the bath after everyone else had washed and so it was not a fun (or safe!) activity. Nowadays there are all sorts of gadgets and gizmos to entertain baby and keep them safe and bath time is often used as part of the bed time routine to lull baby into a restful sleep.
So, what do you need? Surely just a bath and a wash cloth! Not at all! There are some fabulous, new accessories that are worth a look at.
- Agua Pod: a slip mat with a back support and handle so baby can sit unaided on a non slip surface and slash around. Suitable for 6 moths plus, it costs around £25.
- Foam bath support: a huge spongy support for babies to lie back and enjoy a splashy time without needing full parental support. Suitable from birth to six months, priced around £10.
- Thermometer: To test the heat of the water, ideally the water should be 36-38 degrees centigrade; costs £3 - £15 for a digital version.
- Baby bather: a deckchair for baby to lie back in and feel supported while in the bath, suitable from birth. Costs around £10 for a toweling version, £20 for a more substantial fabric version.
- Ergonomic baby bather: all plastic, ergonomically shaped bather. Suitable from birth, costing around £16.
- Tummy Tub Baby Bath: looking like a large bucket for baby to bath in! Suitable from birth and costs in the region of £20.
- Dry Eyes Shampoo Shield: an ideal way to keep shampoo from children's eyes. Hold the shield during washing and it helps keep it from going in their eyes. Suitable from age 2, this will cost about £5.